Saturday, October 1, 2011

Nutty for you

ETA this card made the Top 3 at 2 Peas on October 3!




This is my third post for today!  I made a quick card this morning before heading our garage saling... oh my did I ever score today... LOTs of great goodies... just waiting to be altered!  Anyhow, onto the card.  I played along in the Less is More challenge - color of your eyes

I used the sketch from Card Patterns:


I inked up my new Paper Smooches Falling for You stamp set, I love this acorn.  The pattern paper is Crate Paper (Neighborhood and Emma's Shoppe - using scraps, yay!).  The twine is from The Twinery.  The acorn is mounted on foam squares. Wouldn't this make a good "Just Because" card for hubby?

24 comments:

Mandi said...

This is terrific Laurel
FAB card
Thank you
Mandi LIM

Tenia Nelson said...

Too cute!!!

Chrissie said...

This is a fabulous card Laurel just love it!
Thanks so much for joining us.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jenny said...

Fun card Laurel, love the browns :)
Jenny x

Karen B. said...

This is a sweet guy card, not too over the top mushy.

dahlhouse-designs.com said...

oh so adorable, nuts about it!

Becca Sadler said...

Terrific and charmingly cute. Could easily switch out sentiment for Halloween, Thanksgiving, fall theme thinking of you,....

Brenda said...

I so love browns - fabulous card!!

Pamela said...

Love this!!! :)

Julie E said...

Fun! All good with the paper piecing and definitely a sweet card for hubby!

Jeanne said...

A most excellent card, Laurel. Sweet and fun. But darn, I was hoping to hear a bit more about your finds, too. LOL

Bananastamper said...

LOVE that acorn! Great card!

~amy~ said...

CUTE card!!!!!!!

Jenni's Jems said...

Cute card and sentiment x

Viv said...

Great card, well done :O) Viv xx

Arlene said...

Such a fun fall card! Love it. It makes a person feel warm all over.

Linda said...

Fab card...I love the sentiment!

Linda
X

lynn said...

really cute and i love the cute acorn!

Audrey Pettit said...

Gorgeous! Fabulous paper piecing! Love this!

Aileen said...

Super fun card. x

Carol said...

Fabulous card, love the font. Carol x

Vicky Hayes said...

What a lovely fun card!

Lisa A. said...

What a pretty, sweet card!!

Nina Brackett said...

This is adorable, Laurel. Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns this week.

01 09 10