Thursday, September 12, 2013

Altered Wooden Block to Teacher Desk Accessory

This is back to school here on my blog this week.  I have shared a few school themed projects and am here to share this desk accessory that I created with some Paper & Glue by Echo Park.  I altered a wooden block that I had lying around by adding the paper stickers and some garage sale children's blocks.  The little wooden button on the apple is from Craftpon as are the larger wooden discs. The twine is from The Twinery.  I laminated a couple of the journal cards to create mini dry erase noteboards for my desk as well.


I adhered paper and stickers to some round wooden blocks (from Craftpon), wrapped them with twine and then adhered a magnet to the back to create some decorative magnets for my board.



6 comments:

~amy~ said...

super fun Laurel!

Annette Allen said...

aww that is so fun.. love it

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is soooooooooo fun!! LOVING the colors!! Love love love what you did with that wood block!!!!

Rose said...

how fun!!! :)

Ashley Horton said...

Adorable project Laurel!! Love it!

Jeanne said...

You are so very clever, Laurel. These all look terrific! Fun, fun, fun!

01 09 10