Monday, April 23, 2018

Mindful Monday - sound


What is Mindful Monday?  well... it is explained here, but in a nutshell, documenting simple things that just make us happy.  I think it is important to take the time to be mindful and just appreciate what we have, and the simple and amazing things that surround us in our daily lives.  

This week's prompt is 'sound'

What sound makes your heart happy?  baby giggle, children's laughter, opening that fresh, murmur of a fan, hum of a lawn mower, purring of a cat.... I had a lot to choose from but I decided to settle on...


This is definitely one of my favorite sounds and it is so Port Alberni.  Nothing says summer in Port Alberni that the rumble of the Water bomber going through the sky.  Unfortunately it usually  means that there is a fire somewhere but...

It doesn't matter who you are, how old you are or how many times you have seen her.... everyone in Port Alberni stops what they are doing and watches her as she rumbles slowly by.  It is a unique sound and it is something I will always remember.

I stamped the background with a Unity stamp.  The tags and bits are from Elle's Studio.  



I would love to hear what sound you love... be sure to link up below and share the badge in your post :)





2 comments:

Bananastamper said...

Another great prompt and fun layout! Hoping I can find time to play along.

Jeanne said...

That's so cool. Thanks for sharing that sound. The sound that I really enjoy is listening to the birds in the quiet at they chirp and flit around. You know a storm is over when you start to hear them again. :)

01 09 10