Sunday, April 5, 2009

Just Because

Wow, what a day. After posting the cards this morning I got to work around the house: made 2 banana loaves, 3 dozen banana muffins, did all the laundry, raked out the flower beds, made and froze a bunch of potato skins for lunches. Whew! I went to the scraproom and struggled a bit just because I was tired, but I did manage to pull something together for the CPS sketch this week. I am sure loving my Cricut lately! One of these days I have to attempt using my Slice. Have you ever gotten a new 'toy' and felt intimidated by it? That is how I am with the Slice, perhaps tonight I'll go back down there and see what it can do.
Pattern Paper: American Crafts
Cardstock: CTMH
Ribbon: Michael's
gems: unknown
Cricut: Mini Monograms; Wild Card

15 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Love this one, too! Great colors. It sounds like you had a productive day. Way to go! About the Cricut, I need to look at mine again. You're listing cartridges I've never heard of. I'd better go see what I'm missing ... LOL.

~amy~ said...

Laurel...what a gorgeous card...sheesh, you were super busy today!!!

Regina Easter said...

this is stunning....i love love it

pammie said...

Just catching up on my blog reading - love all the stuff Laurel. Can you share your 'potato skin' recipe? Freezing them? This sounds like a perfect solution to some picky eaters I have.

Shemaine Smith said...

I love seeing artwork using the cricut because I rarely use mine and really should use it more. Great job!

Carolina said...

Love the Just Because inside the scallop with the little butterfly being the perfect touch! Lovely take on the sketch!

Denise said...

Love this....the colours are soo graphic and amazing!!! well done!!!

Jenn said...

Great job on the sketch girlie...your card is GORGEOUS! :D

Rosanne said...

Love this card, the touch of blue is just right!

Savitri said...

How cute!!! I love what you did here. I need to use my die-cut machine for something. It's been there collecting dust.

Samantha said...

Wow! This is so fab! I love the colour combo and the big scallops.

Anonymous said...

what a very effective card. love it
Jo

Elise said...

Hi! I love your CPS110 card! Aren't Cricuts great!?! Ohhh, the possibility! Anywhoo, your blog is gorgeous! Glad to have gotten the chance to view your work: WONDERFUL!

Lynn Put said...

Another great card! I really like the color combo and bold designer paper, very cool!

Creative Momma said...

Love this card you posted for the contest...The colors are so elegant...I luv it

01 09 10