Thursday, May 20, 2010

Over the moon!!!

No Internet, no mojo but I have a job!  I just found out this afternoon that I got a continuing position at the school I have worked at for the past couple of years.  This is my first continuing position since beginning my teaching many (too many) years ago.  I chose in the early years to not have one and only do substitute teaching as I wanted to be mostly at home with my kids.  I have been trying for 7 years to get a continuing position, had to 'earn' my way up.  Even better it is at my neighborhood school so I am close to home - a five minute walk - and close by for my kids - who next year will be in grade 7 and 10.  I am so excited to have this!

18 comments:

Vicki Wizniuk said...

That's awesome, Laurel! So happy for you. :)

Amy Heller said...

Congratulations, Laurel!!!! I love your new blog header, tooo!! So cool!

Alanna said...

COngrats. That's wonderful news. Love the new blog look as well.

Unknown said...

Yay, congrats to you, sweet friend!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Carla said...

Congrats to you Laurel!! That is fantastic news!
Love the new blog look too!!

Heather Rogers said...

Woohoo for you! Congratulations Laurel. I am so happy for you. That is awesome you will be working just right down the street. Can't get much better than that hu! :)

Anita said...

Congrats Laurel...woot woot! :)

Jamie Harder said...

congratulations!!!!!!!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Oh Laurel, I'm SO happy for you!!!!! What joyful news!

HUGS!

~amy~ said...

congrats!!! Love your new blog look too!!!

Dora said...

That's great congrats!

Jenny said...

Congrats thats great!!! :) :) :)

Dawn said...

How awesome! Congratulations! The new blog makeover looks lovely too!

Jeanne said...

How wonderful for you, Laurel! Congratulations! What a boost for you. Having been a substitute teacher in my past, I well know the effort it took to get a contracted position. This is awesome!

Brenda said...

Congratulations, Laurel!! That's great news for you!!

Carolyn said...

Congrats!! :)

farmhouse-story said...

yay-congrats, i'm glad for you:)

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Great!!! Just add this to the list of congrats!!!

01 09 10