Sunday, November 29, 2009

Days Til Christmas

The sketch this week from Card Postitioning Systems:
I used it as the front of my countdown calendar. I got the idea for this Calendar from Leslie, she used chipboard coasters (4"). I made mine 6". This is also for the Caardvarks Color it challenge. I haven't colored something in for awhile. This is also for the Paper Cutz Challenge - get this "Anything Goes" - so I could enter anything I make this week really. But I will probably just enter this one. I kept it pretty simple as I am going to be using this in my grade 1 class. I did mount Santa on foam squares, use liquid applique and glitter on his fur, a real pompom for his hat and I painted his boots and outfit with Shimmerz. Oh and I realize that the red circle and green panel are backwards (ie should be the other way around so Santa stands out), quite honestly, I just used some scraps and because it is for at school, I didn't really care!

The inside, very simple.

Cardstock: CTMH
Stamps: CTMH (Spot On, Journalling Jots, Friendship Alpha), PTI, Whipper Snapper
Markers: Copics
Ink: CTMH
Letter Stickers: Making Memories

19 comments:

Amy Heller said...

What an adorable idea! I love it!!

Alanna said...

This is fantastic Laurel. What a great idea.

Heather said...

What a great idea for the challenge. Love the countdown. I am making mine to go for this one and for Embellish magazine.

Tracey said...

So perfect!! Fantstic idea for the sketch :)

Pandascrapper said...

Thanks for the mention. I like it in the bigger size.

Unknown said...

Oh such a fun little project, I think my Little Kids would enjoy this project!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Kelly Schelske said...

What a fun project Laurel! Love that Santa!!

Basement Stamper said...

This turned out cute, love the little countdown!

Lea L. said...

This is so adorable!! Love the bright and fun papers you used! Thanks for playing at CPS this week!

♥Lea

Brenda said...

Very smart with how you did the numbers. Love it!

Sarah said...

This is such a great idea! I loved Leslie's and I love yours!!

Cindy Lee said...

It's SUPER CUTE!! I love this a lot!

laterg8r said...

wonderful idea TFS :D

Craftbelle said...

What a fantastic idea!

Nicki (CSS) said...

What a super take on the sketch, love the countdown calendar idea! CUTE!

Dora said...

Great idea and so cute!

Jeanne said...

Terrific idea and it turned out just adorable! Thanks for sharing!

Amy said...

So cute! I love the countdown calendar idea.

Beth aka BR-T said...

Laurel this is so fun of course I'm not ready for the count down! Thanks for joining us at Paper Cutz! Beth aka BR-T

01 09 10