Saturday, February 20, 2010

A couple of masculine cards.

The sketch this week from Skipping Stones Designs:
 
For this card I incorporated the Scrap Shotz challenge to make a banner card, Kelly Jo's color challenge (Kraft, Cream and Black), Cute Card Thursday - metal.  Both cards fit the Stampin' Royalty Challenge - masculine cards. and this one is also for the Caardvarks Sticker Challenge, most things on this card are stickers and you can't really see it but I did sew on the number 1 (even though it is a sticker).  The banners were cut from a border sticker folded and sewn.  I really had fun with this card.

Funny thing is, Jason and Danica are at an Indoor Track meet in Kamloops this weekend (a day trip to get there).  I was making this card last night when Danica phoned to chat - she always misses me ;)  She and her team mates are embarrassed that their dads are going to race in the Master's Relay race!  Too funny.  Apparently the dads joked about wearing shirts that said "I"m Danica's dad..." love it!  Knowing how Jason runs, I am sure that they have a good chance at winning.
  
All supplies are from Close to My Heart (Game On) except the Kraft Cardstock (PTI)

One of this weeks sketches from 365 Card Challenge - it doesn't show up very well here, there is actually a panel at the top of the card. 
  
I again incorporated the Cute Card Thursday challenge of metal, along with the Cards for Men challenge - green.  Still making my way through the scraps of my Bo Bunny Grease Monkey papers.  I used my Cricut (Indie Arts) to cut out the gears and the Slice (Home Sweet Home) to cut out the wrench.  The stickers are from Making Memories and the brads are from my stash.
 

26 comments:

Dora said...

Yes they are, but love them! You are great in this!

Lisa said...

Cute cards.. I love the screw heads on the second one

Kathi Carlson said...

You do masculine cards so well! Both of these are awesome.

Jeanne said...

Excellent masculine cards and such a cute story to go along with them. You'll have to let us know how it turns out.

And so sweet that you get calls to chat because you are missed. *Ü*

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Great cards Laurel! I love them both, but the first one is over-the-top! I laughed at the image of Danica and her friends being all goofey about the Dad's racing! Too funny!!

Tammy said...

Both great cards! So fun--love 'em!!

Unknown said...

GREAT cards and GREAT inspiration for me. I have WAY more guys to make cards for than girls it seems, so any masculine inspiration that comes my way is always very appreciated. I love that Game On kit, don't you?

Donnas Den said...

Great card, Laurel. Thanks for joining us over at Cards for Men and good luck with the challenge.

Donna

Heather Rogers said...

Great job on the masculine cards. That is always a challenge for me.

Sara said...

Great masculine cards Laurel, I have such a hard time with these!

Ange McKay, North Shore Stamper said...

Great cards! I'm totally partial to the black and white... great job! Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty!

Karla Kroese said...

So loving that "Game On" card! Great take on the challenge and great use of stickease!

Nannieflash said...

Fabulous cards, love the designs. Thank you so much for joining us at Cards for Men, and good luck with the Challenge. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxxx

Leann said...

Such fab cards!
Thanks for joining us over at CCT this week :D
Hugs x

Unknown said...

These are fantastic dad cards! Love them!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Sophie said...

Beautiful cards ! Thanks for playing with my sketch !

Lynn said...

Great cards for a man and really creative :)

Bananastamper said...

Love these Dad cards, fantastic!
Shanna :)

Deena said...

Great colours in the man cards!

Anonymous said...

Great cards, there certainly aren't enough masculine ones around!!

Unknown said...

Fantastic masculine cards Laurel!
Thanks for playing along with us at Cards For Men. Good luck! Viv xx

Carolyn said...

Great dad card! Love the screw heads!!

Amy C said...

Awesome cards for Dad!! I love all the elements on the first one. Great work!!

Unknown said...

Laurel- your cards are awesome! that is super cute! Thanks so much for playing along in the Color Chef Challenge!

savvy teaching tips said...

Great work - thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty. Please come over and check out my blog candy this week www.stamperontheshore.blogspot.com

Sabriena Satchwell said...

I love both your cards! Those screw brads are awesome!
Thanks for playing with us this week at Stampin’ Royalty!

01 09 10