Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sweet Birthday Wishes and a toot

I haven't made a Joy Fold card in awhile and with two challenges out there calling for them, how could I not?  Project Tuesday challenge is a Joy Fold card, and the Jacksonbelle challenge is a different fold.  I also incorporated the Scrap Shotz challenge of a banner card; the If the Shoe Fits challenge (plaid) and the Frosted Designs challenge - plaid and polka dots. 

You want to know how I made the banner?  I used the Schlosser Designs ice cream cone from the Hey Cupcake set, so fun!

I dug way deep in the stash and found my My Mind's Eye paper scraps.  I haven't used these papers in a long time.  The letter stickers are from Doodlebug.
 
The inside of the card:
  

Close up of the cone banners. 


Oh and a toot, I made the Top 3 at Frosted Designs for this Rock and Roll card, woo hoo!

20 comments:

Vanessa said...

Oh, sweet card!! Love it! Congrats on the Top 3!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Jeanne said...

That paper is wonderfully sweet! Love how you used the ice-cream cone to make the banner.

Congrats on your toot!

Carolyn said...

Cute cute card! Congrats on the top three! Awesome rock & roll card!

Hannah - Mary P said...

I think this is really pretty. I love the way you layered up all the papers and did all the stitching.

Nicole Bailey said...

Hi Laurel...what a super adorable card! Love the letters...and your stitching is perfect!
Are you still doin' the CTMH thing?

Kathi Carlson said...

So cute! Love the banner and the sewing. Fun card.

Lisa G. said...

Great card! I'm gonna have to look up the joy fold card...I want to see how to make one of those!

laterg8r said...

love the banner and the stitching :D

lesleyworth said...

what a great idea for a card! the banner is fabulous! thanks for playing along with us at the Shoe!

Unknown said...

Love this fun and fab card! Love the yummy papers! Congrats on top 3 at FD and thanks for playing at FD again this week!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

farmhouse-story said...

congrats on the top 3, laurel!-cute banner!

Debbie said...

Really cute card. Love the banner! Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs!

~amy~ said...

love, love, love this laurel!!!

Rose said...

LOVE it!! and what a cute banner :) congrats on the top three!! off to see the card now :)

thanks for joining us on Project Tuesday this week :)

Windy Robinson Life Handmade said...

Darling card! I especially love how you made that banner... so clever! Thanks for playing along at Jacksonbelle!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Congratulations Laurel! LOVE your card and the fun design!

Thanks for playing along with us over at Stamps and Smiles - Project Tuesday!

Hugs & Smiles, Jennifer :)

by. Amy Schultz said...

Sweet card... I just love little banners on cards and your colors are super cute & Springy!

Barb Craft said...

Another adorable card!! I love the way the middle folds out! Super cute! Glad you could play along again this week at FD!!
Barb :)

Unknown said...

i love it! teh banner is amazing!!! thanks for joining us at the Shoe this week!

Jamie Lane Designs said...

The banner on the card is adorable! Great job on the challenge, thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs!

01 09 10