Monday, February 22, 2010

Red means love

The sketch this week from The Scrappiest:
 
Don't forget to come on over and play along.  There is a great prize up for grabs this month.

I used my Scarlet Lime kit that I have had for awhile now.  When I wanted to scrap these photos and found (yes found ... forgot I had, hehehe) this kit it all fell together rather easily.  It is all about how I get red roses for valentines every year, but I really don't like red roses... white and pink I love but don't really like red.  The girls think this is funny as hubby has been told (certainly not on valentine's when he gives them for me) throughout the year when I talk about flowers in my garden and such.  I have probably discussed it every year a couple of times a year since we have been married... perhaps I shouldn't talk during hockey - LOL!  Oh well I do love that he thinks of me and buys me some fresh flowers as I do love bouquets.
 

12 comments:

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! Love what you did with the sketch!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Dora said...

ow wow wow wow absolutley stunning!

Kathi Carlson said...

Great card, Laurel!

Lisa said...

This is great! I love the paper and how you rocked it!

Jeanne said...

Wow, what a great layout, Laurel! Sometimes our gifts are more about what they want to give us, rather than what we ask for. You probably hit the nail on the head in your journaling, to him red is love.

Wonderful layout to tell the story!

Sarah said...

Wonderful...and how funny you don't like red roses and still get them ha!

Frances said...

Love how you used the sketch and love the color palette you chose!

Courtney Baker said...

So cute. Love the collage!

Beth aka BR-T said...

I am so glad I clicked on the image to get an up close and personal on this layout! Great job Laurel! beth

Unknown said...

There you go again using that houndstooth that I love, love, love. Then you had to pair it with red...another love of mine. I think red AND HOUNDSTOOTH mean love! lol.

Cindy Lee said...

I have these paper too but got a hard time figuring how to use them....i'm still hoarding them :)
You did a great job!!

farmhouse-story said...

very creative collage layout, laurel!

01 09 10