Monday, May 14, 2018

Mindful Monday - Scent

Welcome to the second Mindful Monday challenge.  What is Mindful Monday?  well... it is explained here, but in a nutshell, documenting simple things that just make us happy.  I think it is important to take the time to be mindful and just appreciate what we have, and the simple and amazing things that surround us in our daily lives.  

This week's prompt is...scent

what does that mean to you?  coffee?  the scent of the air after the first spring rain? a perfume? .... I would love to hear your simple pleasure of scent.

For me... hands down - lilacs.  I LOVE the scent of lilacs!  I could stand and sniff them all day.  I have planted a few shrubs around my yard and of course always bring in some clippings to sit at my desk.  Unfortunately the clippings... and the bushes themselves are too short lived for my liking but I'll take what I can get.


I have used the Flower Market collection from Carta Bella for some accents.  I couldn't bear to print just a little picture of my lilacs so I did the whole page!

The title was cut with my Silhouette.  I printed the definition on my computer then added it to the page.  I stamped the background with the Lilacs and Birthdays and Moments in Bloom both from Unity



Now I would love to see your take on the challenge:




1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Oooh, lilacs! YES! I keep going outside to smell the one currently blooming in my yard. I had plans when I planted it by the window to be able to open said window and let the scent waft into my home. Until the dogs behind us made that impossible with their incessant barking. You are right though, that scent is heavenly and lasts way too short a time. Have a wonderful day!

01 09 10