Monday, August 24, 2009

Grandma's Hydrangeas

This is my second layout for the Practical Scrappers Challenge. I based it on Jana's sketch. I figured while the supplies were out I might as well do the companion page. This one gives the story behind the significance of the hydrangeas. I LOVE all hydrangeas, but the blue mop head ones have a special place in my heart.

It sure feels good to use up some of that vellum, what a great challenge Christine had, thanks Christine!
The rub on is by Glitz, all other supplies are listed in the post above. Used up lots of scraps too!
Keep scrolling for more fun!

9 comments:

Krista Ritskes said...

Gorgeous layout and such sweet journaling.

laterg8r said...

the vellum flowers are just gorgeous :D

Brenda said...

Laurel, what a beautiful companion page! I just love the hydrangeas!

Denise said...

Oh soooo gorgeous!!! I'll always remember my grandma's peonies!!!! Thanks for sharing!

Ann said...

Gorgeous flowers!

Jess said...

ohh beautiful layout and those are my fav flowers...gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Again, these hydrangeas are fabby!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Jana Eubank said...

Oh, I LOOOOVE it, Laurel! And I'm so glad you are using these! It makes me feel so good that you like my sketches! Those hydrangeas are GORGEOUS!!! One of my very favorite flowers! I love how you the blue pops against the grays and green. Beautiful, beautiful page!

Dora said...

I love this page, the colors are great! We have that flower in the garden in a lot of colors...white, light pink dark pink...stunning!

01 09 10