Friday, August 30, 2013

Back to School Coupon Book

I was up on the SRM Stickers Blog the other day but I thought I would post it here too.

A couple of years ago I made my husband a 'Date a Month' coupon book for our anniversary.  Included with each month was a date and the money to pay for it (dinner, weekend away, lunch, etc).  My oldest daughter really liked it and said she wanted one.  Well in preparation of her heading off to University in the fall I decided to make her a monthly coupon book.  We all know that students don't have a lot of extra cash so each month I have included something fun for her (pre paid Visa, movie tickets, restaurant gift certificate, etc).  I have been slowly filling the book and have just a few months left to fill before I give it to her in September.  To create the book I used some kraft cardstock from Studio Calico and the Paper & Glue Collection by Echo Park.  The school themed stickers were perfect for adding some extra little details.  I used the Calendar Month Small- Sleek to label each month and then added little extra bits from the Express Yourself - School and the Express Yourself - High School sets.  Finally, as always some twine from The Twinery adds a nice finishing touch.











11 comments:

Alanna said...

This is such a fabulous idea Laurel. Love it!

Unknown said...

What an amazingly awesome idea. And it's SO cute too!

Barbara said...

What a fabulous idea!!! Thanks for sharing!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I just loved this!! I pinned it from SRM's blog!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh wow, that is such a brilliant idea, I am so going to copy your idea and make one for my girls, they will be so happy, thanks laurel!

Rose said...

this is super awesome!!!

*if i got to the university will you make me one? *winks*

Angi Barrs said...

Super clever and fun! It's just perfect for college students!

Michelle said...

What a great Mom! She is going to LOVE this! Such a great idea. And so nicely put together. You didn't just create a coupon ook...you created memories! She is going to remember this for a LONG time.

Ashley Horton said...

This is such a cute idea, Laurel and I love those fun little pockets in the book!

yyam said...

Such a great and thoughtful idea! It looks amazing Laurel!

bonnie said...

Lovely idea...cute project! :) Hugs x

01 09 10