Saturday, August 10, 2013

Missing Max

The Elle's Studio August Gallery is live!  Be sure to head on over to see what all of the designers have created for you today!  You won't be disappointed!

I am sharing just one of my layouts with you today, the rest will be later on in the week.  Like I said we have gone through some emotional times these last few weeks and I haven't felt much like scrapping.  One of the things we had to deal with was putting our 3 year old dog down - he was an awesome dog but he was sick and we did everything we could to help him.  This layout was part of the healing for me.  I used the Cameron Collection along, I fussy cut the arrows from one of the papers,  with the new August kit from Elle's Studio.  The chipboard letters are from american Crafts and the Pebbles, veneer is Studio Calico and the twine is from The Twinery.




Now there is a lot of stuff happening at Elle's this weekend so don't miss out!


First up is the new August kit - now these sell out fast so you want to get yours sooner rather than later! click on photo 

Next is a sale on the Saltwater Collection (I used many of these items on this layout here and here) - click on photo

Finally, Elle has created a layout kit! 



11 comments:

Rose said...

so sad about your dog :(
fantastic layout to remember him by :)
have a great weekend girl :)

Ashley Horton said...

So sad about your dog Laurel, and it makes it even harder when they are so young! Great page to remember him by, and to get through the hard time!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

So sad :>( Sending hugs, keep 'em in reserve because I know even after time you can still use one when you think of him.
Wonderful layout with all those arrows.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So sorry about your baby :( I love the tribute lo you made for him ... it's so beautiful!!

Lyndal said...

So sad Laurel. I'm glad you have such a beautiful way to remember him.

farmhouse-story said...

so sorry about buddy, laurel. i know it's harder when they leave you too soon. his page is awesome:)

Katrina Hunt said...

So sorry Laurel, it's never easy, I have been there. I still cannot scrap my Pembroke Corgi, Fannie without crying and I have only made a couple of layouts about her. This is a wonderful layout....Hugs, Katrina

Jeanne said...

What a sweet layout about Max. I'm so sorry he had such a rough go at life. The best part is he was truly loved by you all. One can only be reassured that he is no longer in any pain or discomfort and you loved him as much as you could. Hope creating the layout brought you some comfort. Hugs!

Amy Moore said...

Your layout for and about Max is really great! I have an aging dog myself and she is our first "family" dog since my kids were babies. We give her tons of love everyday and I snap pictures of her all the time. Thank you for reminding me to scrapbook those pictures so me and my kids can look back on the memories one day!

Monique Liedtke said...

Ohhh I'm so so sorry to hear about your dog Laurel! I think your page is awesome, but so sad. Big hug to you!

Cathy said...

so sorry about Max, I always adored reading your blog with stories of him..so sad to lose him!

01 09 10