Monday, September 6, 2010

Aging Process

Happy Monday!  I am sure this is the last Monday I'll say for awhile as it is back to school for us here tomorrow.

The challenge this week at Scrap Tiffany is to use 'no pattern paper'.  Are you up for it?  With all the fun papers out there this can be a challenge.

I used the Skipping Stones sketch for this week:

The color challenge from Color Throwdown:
 The Etsy Inspired shop this week is Glamasauraus and I chose this piece as my inspiration, don't you just love that icing?!


For my card I also used some Skipping Stones stamps, love this chocolate one called Chocolate Volume #2, so many cute things on it.  The saying on the inside says, 'that may not be true, but do we dare take the chance' - love it!  I put some glaze on the yellow paper so that it looks more like a real glaze.  The background text is Unity.


Now why don't you give the challenge a try, let's see what you can do with no pattern paper, link up at Scrap Tiffany.

25 comments:

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Laurel,

What a lovely card! The sentiment is just perfect of course and don't we all love to believe that! ;-) Like a lot the yellow ribbon to the top with the bow in it, very nice!

Love,
Wendy

farmhouse-story said...

love the little punch in the corner! great challenge, too:)

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Delish!

Cindy Lee said...

How cute! The chocs stamp is so delish!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

How darling, Laurel! I totally agree, that's why I'm so "young"!!!
(at heart, anyway) I love the shiny on the chocolate decorations! Nice stitching, too!

HUGS!

Kristina said...

Really cute, love that sentiment!

Katie said...

What a fabulous sentiment! I am sure it is true. :)

Brenda said...

Tough challenge - but you did an amazing job!!

Jackie said...

Really yummy! :)

Virginia L. said...

how FABULOUS that you combine all the challenges into this cute and creative card! Thanks for playing with us at Etsy Inspired Challenge!

~amy~ said...

I agree that chocolate does slow the aging process....woot woot...sweet card sista...

I was just in BC this weekend...we stayed up in North Vancouver...never ventured over there before and really enjoyed it...where in the heck are all the crafting stores??!!!! hahaha...

Trinh said...

What a way to combine the different challenges! Your card is so cute & yummy!

Anonymous said...

I love your take on this sketch and I totally love the glaze you added on the yellow! Way to combine all those challenges!

skippy stamps said...

I LOVE your take on the sketch! SO birght sheerful and yummy!!!!

Unknown said...

YUMMY and hopefully it does slow the aging process, because I indulged this weekend!!!
Have a great day tomorrow and a fab new school year!!!!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a darling and yummy card!

Bananastamper said...

Yummy card - love the sentiment! Cheers and Happy BAck to School!

Courtney Baker said...

Laurel I love this card! Way way cute! Love the colors too!

Mona Pendleton said...

Cute card Laurel! Love that sentiment :)

SmilynStef said...

Love those yummy little bon bons ... delicious inspired design.

Alanna said...

Super cute. I love the sentiment andt hose chocolates look so yummy.

papertrails leaver said...

your card looks good enough to eat!

Queenie said...

This is the perfect blend of cute and graphic!! I love the yummy chocolate images and they look great against the type! Excellent design! Thanks for playing EIC this week!

de said...

Ewww, yummy! I love this layout/sketch and those sweets are perfect for your inspiration piece! Love it!

Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

Barb Turpin said...

Laurel, Congrats on winning the sketch challenge at Skipping Stones Design!

01 09 10