Thursday, September 30, 2010

Scrap Shotz October Reveal

It is reveal time over at Scrap Shotz.  They have started up the kit program again and this month we got to play with the Fancy Pants Happy Together package, how fun.  I am so excited too because I have been asked to stay on the DT for another 6 months! Yippee!

I had a lot of fun with this layout.  First of all, my challenge this month is to include paper pleating on a project, so I did that, love paper pleating.  I also played with the new Glimmer Glam that came in the kit.  I used it to edge the corrugated die cuts and to splatter on my page.  Too fun!  These layouts all fit The Pink Elephant challenge for this week too.

For the next layout we were asked to create something based on this sketch:

This one also fits the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge - sewing.  I used my Cricut Life's a Beach for the Waves, Indie Art for the butterflies, Plantin Schoolbook for the Circles and Going Places for the Clouds.  It is also for the Practical Scrappers challenge - Stamps.
One of the sketches from Creative Scrappers:

For this layout I fussy cut the flowers from one of the pattern papers.

Now some cards.  For this one I used my new Baby Button Bits from PTI.


I used this sketch from the SRM blog.
I used my New Addition Cricut Cartridge along with the Scrap-Mart Exclusive Cloud die from Spellbinders.


And finally I thought these papers would make a cute tag.  I used the new Spellbinders Nested Mittens to make a tag.  I thought this would be good for a coffee/ hot chocolate gift bag.  I also spritzed the bag with some Glimmer Mist.  This is for the Raise the Bar challenge - Bundle Up.


20 comments:

Brenda said...

All of these examples are just wonderful! i just got that paper in the mail the other day, so I am excited to use it. Wow the colors are amazing and the glimmer glam technique you used is awesome!

Dora said...

Those are gorgeous, love the lay outs, the cards and the bundle...amazing work Laurel!

farmhouse-story said...

i so LOVE these, laurel!

Jeanne said...

WOW, Laurel! All of these projects are just amazing! I really like the color scheme throughout all the projects. The photos in your layouts are beautiful, especially the one of your daughter! And I always like seeing how you incorporate using your Cricut in your projects, too.

Hope you have a wonderful, relaxing weekend!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Laurel!!!! These are all so fabulous and the sepia really gives the first two layouts some edginess that is so SWEET!!!! I love this post because call me crazy but I am pretty sure all the projects are color coordinated! Smiles for miles! Beth

Jennifer said...

WOW!! Lots of great layouts and cards!! Love the color combinations!! (= Thanks for joining us at TPE!!

Amy Moore said...

Oh my goodness! So many fantastic elements on all of these projects. You are a talented artist Laurel.

Mona Pendleton said...

WOW Laurel! ALL of these projects are gorgeous! I LOVE that aqua blue/teal color & you did an amazing job showcasing it on all these creations!

Alanna said...

WOW, what fabulous layouts, card, and gift bag. I absolutely love the colors you used.

Cheryl said...

Oh wow! These are all wonderful. I won't comment on each but I really like them all.

Cheryl said...

Oh wow! These are all wonderful. I won't comment on each but I really like them all.

~amy~ said...

Holey Moley...all of these are gorgeous Laurel...it's the colors...excellent!!!!

Kathy Martin said...

You've been busy with some terrific projects! Love all the stitching on your baby card! :)

Valerie said...

Wow Laurel, you have been a busy girl! Love your projects, especially that gorgeous card and tag!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

What a post full of so much goodness! It doesn't hurt that the color combo is one of my faves. You go girl - you are like a creating machine. I feel like I have written that before...I really don't know how you do it :>)

Carolyn said...

AWESOME!! Love all the layouts & cards!

Micki said...

OMG, all your cards and layouts are stunning but my fav is "Whistler 09" layout. I Love it.

Trudi said...

Wow Laurel! You've got some great layouts and cards here, love them all! Thanks for playing along with Ella's pink scrapbook challenge at TPE this week!

Angela said...

wow how fabulous are all your LO's and the cards too! I love how creative you were with the ribbon!! Thanks for playing at TPE this week!

Tiffany Heilman said...

Great LOs especiallly the Whistler page! I love that color combo.

01 09 10