Monday, September 13, 2010

Give Thanks

Time for another Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps Challenge and this week, we challenge you to use these colors:
I used this sketch from Our Creative Corner:

The colors also fit this Create with Connie and Mary challenge:
I used Fall Charlotte again, she just looks so content, love her!  I have also incorporated the following challenges: Catch the Bug - Fall Colors and sewing; Raise the Bar - orange, green and brown; Paper Sundaes - 3 different embellishments.  All supplies are from CTMH (new pattern paper called Olivia), except the image, burlap and punch.  Now in case you are wondering why Charlotte looks so shiny.... this is the best picture I could get of her.  I was going to pretend that I meant to do it... but after she was all done I ran her through my Xyron to stick her down.   Well, I made magnetic nametags for my class last week and didn't take the magnet cartridge out... so.... Charlotte is now a magnet!  Curses!  Always change your cartridge when you are finished with it!  Although what a cute fall magnet she is!  Yah, I change my mind... I meant to do that! LOL!


21 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

LOVE this card, Laurel! The colors are gorgeous.

yyam said...

Oh! This is just lovely Laurel! Really love the texture the burlap gives! :)

Amy said...

Love sewing on cards. Great job. Thanks for playing with us over at Bugaboo.

Cindy Lee said...

Wow! This look like a lot of work! The piecing details are awesome!

sgc said...

Very pretty card! I love the burlap. It gives such a pretty texture--and adds a little bit of fall to your card. Thanks for playing along with the Bugaboo challenge.

Jeanne said...

Well, I sure think she is cute as a magnet! I can well imagine how frustrated you might have felt at first, but I love how you used her anyway. That burlap adds a wonderful texture to the card. Great job!

Alanna said...

This is so pretty Laurel and she'd be great as a magnet.

~amy~ said...

fabbie card sista!

Pattie said...

She's beautiful - great job on the challenge as always! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Deb said...

Great job on the color challenge! Your card is really cute!!

Unknown said...

This is darling, Laurel! I've done a similar thing with my Xyron.. Charlotte would look cute on a refrigerator :)

Risa said...

What a beautiful card Laurel! Your image is very pretty and colors compliment each other beautifully!
hugs
Risa:)

Lisa Martz said...

Great combination of challenges. Cute card!

Nana said...

Beautiful card!
Thank you for playing with "Paper Sundaes" this week!
hugs Nana

Lori said...

Laurel, this is awesome. I love the stitching and the burlap, not to mention the gorgeous image. Fantastic job incorporating all of those challenges. Thanks for including Catch the Bug with Bugaboo's challenge. We really appreciate your participation and hope that you will join us again next time!
Lori

Kristina said...

Love this one Laurel, the burlap is the perfect touch!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card!

farmhouse-story said...

too funny! but she makes a great magnet:)

Jackie said...

This card is so much fun, and super sweet! Loving this! Thank you for playing along with the Catch the Challenge Blog!

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

WOW, LOVING this color combo! GREAT use of stitching and the work on the image is WONDERFUL. Thanks so much for entering BUGABOO's Challenge at Catch the Bug this week:)

Tammy Miller said...

Thank you so much for entering Catch The Bugs Stitch in Time challenge this past week. We appreciate it so much and I love your card. Please join us this week for a special challenge helping OWH celebrate their birthday and helping make cards for Soldiers to send home as they are away. Thanks again. Tammy Miller DT Coordinator

01 09 10