Sunday, September 5, 2010

Celebrate with Style

My second post for today be sure to scroll for my first DT project with Curtain Call!  Promise, soon I won't have so many posts, I'll be back to work which will definitely cut into my crafting time!

Just got back from an out of town race.  I did the 10K and Jason the half marathon.  It was a tough race, lots of hills - but then we live in BC what else would we have!  I am very happy though, I bettered my last time and finished in an hour!

The sketch from Clean and Simple:
The color challenge from Off the Wall:
The challenge at Stamping 411 is Spotlighting, I tried a different kind with the main panel being on foam squares, though hard to tell.  The stamps are from PTI.


13 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

just lovely, laurel! i've never tried spotlighting, and i will have to do this!

Bananastamper said...

Hey Laurel, congrats on your marathon! Wow! Great card too, love the ribbon treatment.
I'm not sure where to buy Bo bunny on line, I buy mine from our LSS - we are really luck as she gets it in ASAP for us!

yyam said...

I love your card! Especially the ruffled ribbon! :)

Congrats on completing the race in an hour! I'll probably take 2...lol!:)

Courtney Baker said...

Super cute card. Love the colors!

Brenda said...

Very pretty! I love the ribbon folds!

Unknown said...

Yum! Love that light blue and red together.

Kim Wilson said...

Sooo great girl! I love the spotlighting idea! Gotta try that sometime :) Thanks for playing and good luck!!!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Oeh, and this one is gorgeous as well, the colors are soooo pretty and I like a lot how you layered the flowers over the different papers, looks pretty and that red ribbon! Wow!

Hugs,
Wendy

Carolyn said...

Very pretty, love the colors!

Tenia Nelson said...

What a super cool card!! Thanks for playing at OTWC and good luck!!

Lynnette said...

Cute card! Great use of the colors and what fun ribbon treatment. Thanks for playing the OFTWC challenge :O)

Alanna said...

This is SO gorgeous. I love the ribbon and the colors.

Kerin said...

This is beautiful, perfect colors! I love that you used the blue for your spotlight! Thanks for playing along at Stamping 411!

01 09 10