Saturday, September 4, 2010

Back to School

My second post for today, please scroll for the Wee Memories challenge - it is a sweet one this time.

The inspiration from Stampin Celebration:


I picked out the blue and yellow with the splash of red to make some fun stuff for my classroom.  I just love this digi paper from Shirley's 2 Girls - perfect when you need lots and are worried about hoarding!  The image is a Meljen's Designs which I paper pieced with some Bo Bunny - dot and Sunkissed.  To keep the clipboards in good condition, I will cover them with  some mactac otherwise with grade 1 I am sure they would be destroyed fairly quick.  My projects also fit the challenge at Our Creative Corner - letters and numbers.
With the scrap paper I covered some clips.


Close up of one of the clip boards, which are going to go into my writing center.

I couldn't stop there so I used up some more scraps of this digi paper from Lindsay's Stamp Stuff:

And finally I had to make a couple for Danica's desk in her room, with my zebra print paper from Cupcake Cutiees at My Grafico.

Now I better get dressed and do some dusting.


12 comments:

Brenda said...

Well now why would you want to dust when creating is so much more fun?! You have to got be the most creative teacher in the school - I'll bet the kids love all your little touches!!

Bananastamper said...

Don't blame you for neglecting the dusting!!! I too am working on clipboards - two for hubby's driving instructors and some school ones as well since I just got my hands on the new Bo Bunny school line - love it! So pumped to have a teacher gift done for this year already!

Love how yours turned out - that image is perfect and those bright papers too! What kid wouldn't want to write.... :)

Cindy Lee said...

These are fabbie, Laurel!! These are such a great idea for back to school gift!

Karla Kroese said...

So adorable! These should certainly inspire creativity in your student's writing.

Wendy ten Hove said...

Love that you did with these clips! Great!

Hugs,
Wendy

Monique said...

Dusting?? Nah have a Jammie day lol... These clipboards are so cute.. So bright and cheerful I love the apple:).. I love the matching clip.. Great job:)

farmhouse-story said...

you'll have the best dressed writing stations! too cute!

~Erica~ said...

From one teacher to another... ADOABLE! Its so fun to have special handmade things in the classroom! Thanks so much for playing at SCIC!

Rochelle said...

Cute! What a nice homemade touch to your classroom! I love the apple and worm! Thanks for playing this week at the SCIC blog!

Unknown said...

WOW! These projects are awesome! Hard to believe it's back to school time!!! Thanks so much for joining us at the SCIC!!

Unknown said...

These are TOO cute! I love those clipboards. And great idea to use your scraps for the clips. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stampin' Celebration this week!

Krystal De Leeuw said...

Fabulous! I love how you used the colors as your inspiration. I didn't even think "school" when I looked at it, but it works perfectly! Thanks for playing along at the Stampin' Celebration blog!!

01 09 10