Sunday, March 28, 2010

Daily Grind

The sketch this week from Crazy 4 Challenges:

The Color Challenge from Diva Coffee Break Designs:

An inspiration challenge from Saturday Spotlight:
Finally my card!  When I saw the sketch and the inspiration challenges I have to admit that I was tempeted to repost this card hehehe, but I didn't.  I used my Cutting Cafe images that I have had for a bit, it wasn't until I found out about this for using some digital images that I was able to really use them!  Now as I have said many times I am not a coffee drinker but love everything coffee, including the smell so I scented this with Cappuccino Card Scents.  These papers (Cocoa Cafe) are long ago retired from CTMH but I still love them.




13 comments:

Dora said...

Just perfect, great colors...I can't work with so many colors!

~amy~ said...

Woot woot from a coffee-a-holic!!

Bananastamper said...

Love it Laurel - love how you used the coffee beans right on there! I'm with ya, can't drink it, but love the smell - it's a homey smell I think, comforting because my parents have always drank coffee.
I also love those papers, and lucky me still have lots left!
Shanna :)

Jeanne said...

Great job, Laurel! Thanks for sharing that link. The tips will come in handy for sure.

Not a coffee drinker here, either, but I do like the smell, so I can just imagine how lovely this card smells. About as great as it looks.
*Ü*

Unknown said...

So cute! That 'old' Cocoa Cafe paper from CTMH will never get old.

Alanna said...

I love this. And that color pallette from the Cocoa cafe papers was and still is my favorite. How fun.

Kathi Carlson said...

So cute, Laurel!

I've drank coffee since entering the workforce when I was 17. I keeps me goin'. LOL.

reeree62 said...

Cute card & I also agree about the coffee. I have an occasional cup of decaf, but ADORE the smell and everything about coffee... It's def one of my top 5 smells!

Silli said...

Wonderful card, love the image and the colors. so pretty... Hugs Silke

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Awesome card, Laurel! I have the coffee stamps (in rubber!) from CTMH eons ago . . . and not only love everything coffee, but love the stuff itself as well! LOL WAY cool card!
Hugs!

Courtney Baker said...

Very pretty! Love the soft colors!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! This sure does look ever so yummy!! :) I just LOVE what you've done with the images and the papers are so pretty!! Thanks so much for joining with us at Saturday Spotlight this week!!HUGS

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Great job, Laurel!I love your coffee creation althoughI can't drink it but I love your creation!!Awesome take on the colors in the Sat.Spotlight inspiration!!Thanks for joining us!!

01 09 10