Friday, March 12, 2010

Lots of Unity and a toot!

The sketch this week from Unscripted Sketches:

A color combo from Picture Perfect:
After seeing this incredible card by Savannah I was inspired to pull out my American Crafts papers.  It does deviate from the Color Combo by the introduction of the Bamboo but the colors are where I started!  I did paper piece the typewriter so this fits the Cards for Men Challenge and since it is for hubby it also fits the Double Dutch challenge - boys only.  The typewriter is on foam squares and it and the sentiment are from Unity.  The 'type' on the typewriter paper is from the CTMH set So Lucky.  I am so loving this twine from May Arts.



The sketch this week from Sweet Sunday:
For my card I was inspired by the 365 Card Challenge - What a wonderful world.  I dug out my CC Earth Love as I thought it suited the theme of the song as did this fun Unity stamp.  I paper pieced the globe.  



Now on a completely different note.  When I saw this sketch at 2 Sketches 4 You I thought of Santa's belt but just couldn't do it, not the right time of year.  Then I saw a purse.

Here is my purse.  I used my new Paisley Cricut Cartridge and of course the sentiment is Unity.  The paper is American Crafts.   This is also for the Pile it On challenge - white plus one color.


 The inside of the card.  I made a little pocket to hold some $$ or a gift card. 



Now be sure to visit all the Friends with Flair participants, find the hidden blinkie and you could win 25 stamps!  Start over at Angela's blog.

Now for the toot!  I just got 4 cards picked up for the August 2010 CARDS issue!  woo hoo!

48 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

What darling cards! I love the typewriter!

~amy~ said...

Excellent cards laurel!!! Wow!! You are one busy chickie!!! Happy Friday!!

Jeanne said...

Your cards are fabulous, Laurel! I adore the typewriter one! The others are wonderful, too. I don't know how you do it, but I'm sure glad you do! Have a great weekend!

Stephanie Zito said...

Wow Laurel! You've been busy! Love all of your cards today! So creative! Have a wonderful weekend!

Donnas Den said...

Great cards, Laurel. Thanks for joining us over at Cards for Men and good luck with the challenge.

Donna

Kathi Carlson said...

Awesome cards! Love the typewriter. All wonderful as always.

Megan -- Paper Crafts by Megan said...

Beautiful cards! Thanks for joining us this week at PPC! Hope to see you back there soon!

Don’t forget to check out our first ever Design Team Call at: www.ppc-challenges.blogspot.com
-Megs :)

Courtney Baker said...

Wow ... cute cute and cute!

Unknown said...

So ca-ute...every last one!

Laura Davis said...

Super cute, and I totally agree!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Nannieflash said...

Fabulous cards, and great paper piecing. Thank you for joining us at Cards for Men, and good luck with the Challenge. With hugs Shirleyxx

cnelson said...

Your cards could not be more adorable!! LOVE them!!

Dora said...

Great cards, the sentiment from the first I love it! Also love your shaped card!

Bananastamper said...

Girl, you have been busy! Great cards, my fave being the first! Happy Friday,TGIF!
Shanna

Jennine Chambers said...

WOW! Great stuff!

Anonymous said...

You are AMAZING

Brenda said...

Wow! Great cards - every single one of them!!

Anita said...

Congrats on the pubs Laurel! :) Your cards are fabulous...you so deserve it!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Love all of these and big congrats to you that is fantastic!!!!

Laurie (Wally) said...

Wow Laurel Congrats... I love the sketches you picked.. I am going to try some of them..

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Cards!!! Love the Purse one you created!! Awesome...

Congrats on your publications!!

Kelly Mahany said...

Wow!! These are all so fabulous!!

laterg8r said...

super congrats to you - love that shopping card :D

Rona said...

great cards - love the purse!! congrats on being published :)

Jenny said...

Great cards! :D

Carolyn said...

These are ALL Amazing!! I too love the typewritter & the purse!!

Angie Blom said...

WOW.. love all of these!! beautiful cards!

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

Your cards are gorgeous! Congrats on being picked.

Bonita Rose said...

Congrats on the mag.. woohoo! Love your cards... u've been busy!

JenMarie said...

OMGosh, how FABulous are all of these!!!

Becky Carafa said...

These are all so fantastic!

farmhouse-story said...

first, congrats on the card issue!
love the typewriter, love the creativity in the 2nd card, and the purse is just adorable and fun!

have a great weekend!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

All of your cards are fabulous, Laurel! :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I don't know how you do it, Laurel! You are so amazing! TFS!

Purple Princess said...

Wow!! Fabulous!!

Robynccgirl said...

Great cards! I especially like the earth one!

Alanna said...

I've said it before but where do you come up with the time to create all these wonderful cards and layouts? And everything always looks so good. No exception here.

Also, congrats on the cards picked up for publication. That's awesome.

CarlaKH said...

Congrats on the publications and your cards today are just fabulous!

dstandard said...

Both your cards are fabulous!

Shelley said...

Cute cards and congrats!

Andrea M said...

Gorgeous cards! Thanks for piling it on with us! Congrats on your published work!

Morissa Sweeney (YT - ShamrockShe) said...

Wonderful designs, Laurel!! The typewriter is my personal fave!

Brooke said...

Great cards!! Love them all!

Lisa H. said...

4? wow! that's awesome! congrats. love these here today!

Anonymous said...

wow... great jobs on all the cards. So nice, creative and refreshing.. and every card has different styles.. Love them all....:)

Pam said...

A gorgeous array of work, Laurel!

Cindy Lee said...

Four cards?? WOW!!! Congrats Laurel!!! I can't wait to see them in prints! Love your work!

Unknown said...

Great job on all of those cards!!! Thanks so much for playing along with PIO.
Trish

01 09 10