Thursday, March 18, 2010

A pocket full of happy

The sketch this week from Our Creative Corner:


The new Embellish Color Challenge which also is to include fabric.




The Sassy Studio Designs challenge this week is to use a flower and create a pocket on your card.  I took it as 2 mini challenges, hehehe.  I stamped the Unity pocket onto some old jeans and cut it out (felt good too because they are jeans that are too big for me now!).  The sentiment is also from Unity.  The pattern paper is October Afternoon (Farm Fresh and Cherry Hill).  I love this Sassy image, she is so me!  So casual.  Her name is Soda Pop Penny, but I colored it to look like water since I don't drink pop (now to only have lips like her!).  I added liquid glass to the bottle, so this fits the Saturday Spotlight challenge- Slick. Sorry about the poor quality photo but I should have my own camera back soon!  This uses copics so it fits the Little Red Wagon challenge too and finally, since the papers and the image are new to me it fits the Fab'n'Funky challenge.


The inside, a die cut from the Cherry Hill collection.


25 comments:

Dora said...

I really love love love those images, great card laurel!

Jeanne said...

Love the vintage feel of this card, Laurel! And the sentiment. I love me some pocketful of happy. *Ü*

~amy~ said...

Oh I love this Laurel...sooooo fun! great idea on the pocket!

Unknown said...

This card is sure to bring "a pocket full of happy", your gingham and denim pocket are just great with this Sassy girl!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Alanna said...

How cute. I love the image.

Kathi Carlson said...

Very cute. Love the denim and gingham together.

andrea said...

goegeous card,love it thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky this week
andrea

Brenda said...

LOVE the gingham! Cute card, Laurel!

Unknown said...

So darn cute. I am a HUGE fan of gingham!

Maile Belles said...

Oh Laurel, this is very cute! Love your use of the fabric, so glad you could join us in the Emebllish challenge!

laterg8r said...

love the denim pocket :D

Courtney Baker said...

Very cute! I so love the inside!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun card Laurel! Such a sassy country look :) Your stitching looks great!

Sparkplug17 said...

How adorable!

Mariana Grigsby said...

So pretty! great design¡ Thanks for playing along with us!

Rose said...

well check you out rocking so many challenges with one FUN card!! what a great way to use jeans that are to big, yea you!!!

Cindy Lee said...

You know I love this!!! Great job!

Jamie Harder said...

Cute!! Love that pocket:-)

Ginny said...

how clever, thanks for joining us at FnF :0)

farmhouse-story said...

love the gingham-its all adorable!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Love the red gingham with the jeans and image!! Cute pocket!! Thanks so much for joining us at Saturday Spotlight!

Anonymous said...

Oh how adorable with that jean pocket!! so perfect for that song too now that I'm singing it!! LOL!! These images are too dang cute!!:) Thanks for sharing this with us at Saturday Spotlight this week!! HUGS

Gloria Stengel said...

This is adorable. Love the jean pocket. And that OA paper is one of my favs. I am hoarding some of that stuff. LOL

Carolyn said...

Too cute!! Love the pocket/image! Well, Love all of it!! :)

Lisa said...

Very cute card! I love that image!

01 09 10