Thursday, March 11, 2010

Some Sassiness!

The sketch this week from Our Creative Corner:
Come on over to OCC and play along, I would love to see what you create.

The Sassy Design Studio Challenge - use this picture as inspiration:
I would also love to see what you create based on this image so hop on over to the SSD blog.  Remember, you don't have to use a Sassy image, but if you have one why not use it!

For my card I dug out my Cosmo Cricket Early Bird paper, I haven't used it in awhile.  I also used the Lucy Leprechaun image from Sassy Design Studio.  The sentiment is from CTMH.  This is also for the Paper Cutz challenge - St. Patrick's Day, the Design Dollies challenge - Feeling Lucky, The Stampin' Royalty challenge - green, the Frosted Designs challenge - technique and the Cupcake Craft challenge - as is the next post - flowers.

The sketch this week from Skipping Stones:

This Alice is such a cutie I decided to use her again to make a birthday card for a little girl in my class.  Again this is a sneak peek for the upcoming Sassy Studio Designs release on March 15th.  Be sure to check them out, there are so many fabby releases.  Be sure to check out the SSD DT in my sidebar for some more sneak peeks.  This fits the Practical Scappers challenge of  White Pens - which I use for a slight highlight.


Pattern Paper is from Close to My Heart

27 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

Such darling cards!

Dora said...

When I see all your cards and they are all beautiful but when I see the one with the images you are totally brighten up my day, this is like a little piece of art work!

Jeanne said...

So cute and sassy!

~amy~ said...

super sassy....super fun!

Kathi Carlson said...

Cute cards - very sassy!

Mrs B said...

You have captured the "sassy" in your card! I love the image!
CindyB

Sabriena Satchwell said...

I love the St. Patty's Day pin up girl and DSP you used is awesome.
Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Stampin' Royalty.

Beautiful Greetings said...

I love the Alice Card. What little girl wouldn't love getting that. Great coloring and great take on the sketch. Thank you for playing with Skipping Stones this week!

wendyp said...

super, super CUTE!!!

magicwanda said...

Oh I love it Super card
Thanks so much for joining us @ Practical Scrappers
Wanda:-)

Eulanda said...

These are super fun! I think I need to buy some when they become available. Also, love the flowers on the 2nd card. Did you make them?

Rose said...

WOW! You have been busy! All really fun cards!

Rose said...

yup i love the "sassy" too!!! both are fantastic girl :)

Barb Craft said...

You seriously make the most beautiful cards!! Both of these are amazing!! Especially that sassy little Alice!! LOL!!
Barb :)

Bananastamper said...

Hey, I have those papers too! Tee hee! Fab cards! Love those cool flowers!
Cheers,
Shanna

Unknown said...

Both cards are fab! I am crazy for the flowers you made on the second! You'll have to share that fun technique!

I hope you are enjoying spring break. Ours will be used as make up days.
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Dora said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shelly said...

Loving the cards, great images and pretty flowers! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week!
Hugs Shelly ;)

Laurie (Wally) said...

ohhh love these sketches... and your cards are great...wow
thanks for the inspiration

Carolyn said...

Very cute!!

Linda said...

Laurel
I think card so sweet I like you desingn nicly done

Gloria Stengel said...

What a great week of cards, Laurel. Nice job on all of them. You have such a unique style!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh I love your cards Laurel - these cute purple flowers are fabbie!

Ange McKay, North Shore Stamper said...

This is so adorable Laurel and I love the stitching! Thanks so much for playing with us at Stmapin' Royalty!

Anonymous said...

These are so cute! Love them both.

Corinna
Practical Scrappers DT

Jami said...

Such fun fun cards!! I just love your Alice card, with those super flowers!! So glad you played in the Skipping Stones sketch challenge!

savvy teaching tips said...

Wow - I like all your cards. Thanks for playing with us at SR.

01 09 10