Monday, August 30, 2010

Laurel does Vintage???

The challenge this week at Scrap Tiffany is vintage.  I have a hard time doing vintage cards but a layout?!  I was going to do a card for the challenge but wanted to push myself to try a layout.  I am glad I did, I am happy with the result.  Behind the picture is a pocket for a journaling page.  I gave it to my MIL to write about the picture as it is her dad and uncle in it.  I just am waiting to get it back.  The papers and some journaling tags are 7 Gypsies, letters - Jenni Bowlin and some tags are from CTMH.  This is also for The Shabby Tea Room Challenge - Old (my picture and CTMH journalling spots) and New (the Graphic 45 papers) challenge.

 I used a bonus sketch from Stuck Sketches:




Why don't you do a vintage layout for our challenge this week, be sure to link it to the Scrap Tiffany blog.

20 comments:

yyam said...

Nicely done Laurel! You can certainly do vintage! :)

Dora said...

And you did a great job, lovely amzing and beautiful!

Jeanne said...

You definitely rose to the challenge of doing vintage, Laurel! This is wonderful!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Yes, you do vintage too! What a wonderful LO, those papers are fab and such an overall great feel.

Brenda said...

This is gorgeous! You should do vintage more often!

LauraB said...

aha! I knew you had some vintage in you after all!! great job!

Alanna said...

This is beautiful. You definitely pulled it off.

Cindy Lee said...

It's awesome, Laurel! I don't think I'll able to pull off like you did here!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Oh Laurel this is stunning I love the Photograph of Jack MCCowan Grandpa!

Tiffany Heilman said...

wow. You pulled vintage off superbly! Wonderful layout and a great photo.

Kristina said...

I just love it, that paper is fantastic!

Jenny said...

Great LO!! I love it!! :) :) :) :) :)

Unknown said...

For a girl who 'doesn't do vintage,' I'd say you did it like a PRO. Gorgeous!

farmhouse-story said...

gorgeous page!

Unknown said...

I have to say, you do vintage in a fun and fabby way I love the papers and your take on the sketch!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Katie said...

very cool vintage layout! the photo is wonderful.

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow! What an amazing old photo! Love your vintage style page, too. It's a perfect match! Thanks for sharing with us at TSTR.

~amy~ said...

wow...of course laurel can do vintage...this is g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s!!

Debbie said...

Laurel ... this is a beautiful vintage LO! Well done, girl :) Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room

PapierGirl said...

Beautiful vintage LO! You definetly succeeded in this challenge! Thanks so much for joining us this week at TSTR! :)

01 09 10