Saturday, October 13, 2018

Hello Fall - using scraps to create a background

I'm sneaking in the last few fall projects... up soon will be my Halloween ones then on to Christmas - yay!

Once again I have used the Grateful Heart collection. This time I put all of those lovely scraps to use.

I just trimmed a handful of them down and layered bits and pieces on a card front until I was happy with the look. I was going for a 'rag quilt' kind of feel so I added some stitching as well.


I then cut out the sentiment with my Silhouette and added stome stickers from the Complements pack - you know... can't have fall without pumpkins! 

I then die cut a coffee cup and scarf. I stitched the scarf onto the coffee cup and then it was mounted on foam squares. 


     

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Looks like it could be a quilt. Comfy and cozy. :)

01 09 10