Saturday, November 15, 2008

I Heart U

I managed to squeeze in another card. I was ready to go to bed early but thought I would try one more attempt at a card. It has been a good day! This is Jen's sketch: I kept putting the sketch aside as I struggled with the circles. I tried flowers, snowflakes, cupcakes and a few other things but nothing 'worked' for me. I walked away, was going to go to bed when while I was having a drink of water it came to my, why not try a' i heart u'. It just kept going and going from there! Hopefully hubby appreciates all the work that went into it! (I'm sure he won't have any idea! LOL!). I sponged the edges of some papers with Bamboo and Desert Sand ink. All supplies are from CTMH except flourish stamp.
Stamps: Soul Mates; February Word Puzzle, Placement Guide (all CTMH); flourish (Basic Grey)
Paper: Game On DP; Black and Desert Sand Textured cardstock, Colonial White and Bamboo Cardstock
Embellishments: pewter brads, clear button, eyelets, hemp (all CTMH)
Dimensional Monograms
Dazzling Die Cuts: Basic Pack

8 comments:

Jenn said...

Gorgeous card Laurel!!!

Stacy said...

It is beautiful! I hope he loves it!

Jeanne said...

Wow! You were quite busy with all your sketch challenges! Your cards look great. I've just added your blog to my reader and so far I'm liking very much what I see.

I'm a friend of Kathi's and I see your face on her comments all the time (and others' blogs, as well). Ü

Sam said...

I love this card and just adore the colour.

Carolyn said...

Beautiful Card! Love all the detail.

Kathryn said...

THis is so very pretty -- WOW
Great job! :)

Kathi Carlson said...

I LOVE this card. It looks like something to hang on the wall. Beautiful!!!

Kandi said...

I love this card Laurel! I keep coming back to look at it. The more I do, the more I think you need to send it in to be published. It's so Awesome!! I love all the detail. I'm a texture kind of gal.

01 09 10