Saturday, February 2, 2019

Project 12 - January

Along with my Documenting Life (choosing one photo each week to journal about - basically a favorite each week) I am doing a Project 12. In this case, I am showcasing a month of photos on one page and journaling about the highlights on the other.

To do this I am making this very easy once again but this time using the Short Story kit and of course I will be sneaking in some stamps and such once in awhile... it's what I do! ;) I have used the Black and White kit (anyone who knows me, knows I'm a sucker for plaid) but there is also a pretty teal album.

For the title page I kept it simple, using the Block Number dies for the title then adding some stamped sentiments from the Quotable Words and I Heart Us Scrapbooking Stamp set.

To keep this album simple, I am going to stick with basically black and white as then it will be easy to carry throughout the whole album and coordinates with the cover which makes me happy (a little OCD I think) 😉

Now here is where it gets REALLY SIMPLE - so yes you can do this....!!!

I have a photo app on my phone for taking a photo a day and uploading to the app. At the end of the month I just email it to myself and it comes as a nice grid - Labelled and numbered! How easy is that?!


I then created a text box just slightly larger than 6 X 6 in Microsoft Word. I printed out the monthly highlights in the box, printed on cardstock (8 1/2 X 11) trimmed it to 6 X 6 and slid into the pocket. I have saved it and now will just change the journaling each month. 


Next, I inserted my grid photo and made it fill up the box as much as possible and printed on photo paper. You can see it isn't a perfect square, but that's ok - it leaves room for some pattern paper. Once again, I have this saved as a document and will just change out the photo each month, trim and insert into the album! 


So if you are not a scrapbooker..... why not? Did you/do you love looking at your parents old albums?  It is such a fabulous thing to be able to do.

Are your children going to be able to do the same? Seriously.... for only minutes per week you can create a priceless treasure that your family will enjoy for years to come. 




1 comment:

Jeanne said...

This is a great idea and seems very doable. I will seriously think about this. Only I really don't take a photo every day. That would have to change for sure. :) Have you heard of the app where it will record 1 second of video a day? My friend did that and shared it with me and it was so fun to watch. I was thinking of you with your granddaughter and how you share all the neat things she does and says. Anyway, I thank you for sharing this and January looks great!

01 09 10