Sunday, December 16, 2018

Let it Snow - a not so ugly sweater ;)

I made a bunch of cards today for this upcoming week's blogging... this is the first of the bunch.

I used the Grateful Hearts paper pack - I thought this patterned Sapphire blue paper would work well for some winter themes. I paired it up with the snowy pattern paper in the 'Tis the Season pack.

I made a border out of the Winter Flurries die set, then stamped over them with the Stitched Borders stamp set.

I love the Ugly Sweater stamp set, but thought it would work well for some winter cards without being 'ugly' so it will be making an appearance a few times this week ;)

For today's card I stamped on the back of the blue paper in the Season's Mix in papers then I cut it out.  I stamped the heart from the Stitched Borders set then stitched around the edge for some interest. The sweater is mounted on foam circles.



Finally, I created the Snow sentiment using this month's SOTM - Candy Cane Alphabet - which you can get for ONLY $6! Ask me how!




I am playing along with:


City Crafter


3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Great card, Laurel. I think the sweater looks terrific and I like the blues you chose. Lots of neat little details that make this card even more wonderful.

Heather said...

DEFINITELY not an ugly sweater! Very sweet card in gorgeous holiday colors - love all the wonderful details! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Annette Elliott said...

What an adorable sweater card! Glad you didn't make it ugly! lol I love the soft colors, the vellum and stitching. A wonderful winter sweater card!

01 09 10