Sunday, December 23, 2018

Winter Card Duo

I think these are my last two winter cards... I may sneak a couple more in but I just received some NEW stuff from the new CTMH catalogue and I can't wait to play! The Heart Happy collection... sigh... so AWESOME!

I had to have the True North stamp set (psssttt... it will be gone after December 31st so nab it now!). I thought it would work well with the Ugly Sweater set for some winter themed cards.

I also used some of the Season Mix ins papers for both cards. 

For this first card I used the Decorative borders to create a notebook type of paper. Of course with any winter card, I need snowflakes... so the Winter Flurries was put to use once again.

I layered some of the snowflake paper from the 'Tis the Season pack then topped with a die cut sentiment from my Silhouette.


The figure skates were stamped and then fussy cut before adhering 'dangling' from the sentiment. 

Playing along with: 

Next up, I thought the skates would work well on a shaker card as well so I played with the Winter Flurries die to create a shaker card. 

I stamped the Ugly Sweater on some of the pink paper from the Oh What Fun collection, then adhered an Oh What Fun Felt Shape and topped with a sequin. 

Once again, the sentiment was cut with my Silhouette. 







4 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

such beautiful cards, thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge and wishing you a Happy Christmas, hugs kath xxx

Jeanne said...

These are lovely! Since winter JUST started, couldn't you share more than a few? LOL Merry Christmas Laurel. I hope you have a beautiful holiday with your beautiful family. Looking forward to hearing your granddaughter's observations about it. :)

Amy O said...

Wow! These are both fabulous! I love the gorgeous, soft colors. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Timko said...

These are both lovely. The soft colors and pretty details are wonderful. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

01 09 10