Thursday, January 18, 2018

Inspired By... curl up with a pillow challenge




How are you inspired?

colors, patterns, color blocking, pillows, squares....

I am so happy to have another amazing guest here and I'm sure you have seen her out in blog land as she is one of the busiest card makers I know!  Amy Tsuruta!  Not sure how she does it all but I am happy to have her with us today.  Here is her amazing creation and of course click on the card to be taken to her blog, I'm sure she would appreciate the love!


I love how her background mimics the pattern of the pillow :)  Thank you Amy!

Now for my card.  I pulled out the colors and used the Gather collection by Crate Paper.



The die cut panel is the Tall Stripe Panel from Reverse Confetti.  Now if you know me at all, you know I love to fussy cut images from pattern paper.  I tried to for this card, but the flowers were too big so I decided to finally ink up my Vintage Rose stamp set from Altenew.  I LOVE these flowers!  Gosh so realistic looking.  Will be using them more for sure.  One of the flowers is mounted on foam squares.  I finished it off with a die cut sentiment from Stamplorations.






Can't wait to see what you do!  Link up below.




8 comments:

Jeanne said...

Both cards are lovely, Laurel. I like how you both interpreted the sketch. Very unique to your styles for you for sure and most likely for your friend! :)

Lisa said...

So beautiful! I love those flowers... I have them but have yet to use them... I'm scared!...lol! But I LOVE your card and you've inspired me to get them out... maybe even to play along with your challenge...6 days... I think i can I think I can...lol! Love both of your cards !

~amy~ said...

Laurel, I love your card...the colors are wonderful!
Thanks so much for the invite!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

OH both are beautiful!

Shelly said...

Yay, Amy!
Both cards are so sweet!

Marlena M. said...

Yayyy!! I've missed your challenges :). Wonderful inspiration here~love both of your cards~

Danni Reid said...

I love your challenges too thank you Laurel! Beautiful cards, love the interpretations and designs.

LeAnne said...

Beautiful inspiration photo and great cards!!!

01 09 10