Monday, January 21, 2019

Something Fierce birthday wishes

I am honored to have been asked to be a guest over at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge for their 300th sketch!

I decided to use the Something Fierce paper pack - do you know someone who loves dinosaurs then this pack is for them but I took it in another direction. I used it to create a girl themed birthday card.

The background polka dot paper is from the Heart Happy pack. I then just cut strips of the pattern paper from the Something Fierce and layered them. I fussy cut the scallops from one of the papers.


The cupcake is from the Years of Sweetness stamp set. I just stamped, cut out and mounted on foam squares. I added a 7 from the Something Fierce Complements.  The sentiment is from this months SOTM - Card Captions... be sure to nab it before it is gone!



As a final touch, little girls (I know this because I had 2, have a grand daughter and teach grade 1) love a bit of sparkle and bling so I added a few sequins as well. 

Now here is the sketch... 











3 comments:

Jeanne said...

I love how you took a typically male themed kit and turned it around to create a lovely feminine birthday card. This is fantastic. Lots of fun details and yep, you gotta have the sparkly, too. Fun and happy birthday card! :)

canadian_liner said...

Love the scrappy, dimensional collage look of your fun birthday card. The stitching adds a lot of interest.You've made me want to take another look at that stamp set, too.
Thanks for the inspiration!

Brandi said...

Super cute card, I love the bright colours and fun stars! I love it! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

01 09 10